Obama had strong words to say about North Korea firing a missile while speeching in Prague. "North Korea broke the rules, once again, by testing a rocket that could be used for long-range missiles.... This provocation underscores the need for action, not just ... in the U.N. Security Council, but in our determination to prevent the spread of these weapons." Wow, Kim Jong Il must be shaking in his tiny little dictator boots after hearing that reign of holy hell fire what for. People these statements make us look ridiculous. Like giving the Queen of England an IPod ridiculous. Lil' Kim Jong is jiggling with delight that he got away with something and the worst that might happen is the UN holds a meeting.
But there is more, Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the U.N., told CBS television Monday that the U.S. was calling for a Security Council resolution that would be binding under international law, so North Korea's leaders understand "they can't act with impunity."
Brilliant! Another binding resolution, because we've had so much success with these dumb things in the past. Here are my ideas for what to call this new binding resolution:
1. Stop Firing Missiles Or Else, This Time We Really Mean It
2. Go Ahead Fire Again, We Have All The Time In the World To Issue More Binding Resolutions Against You
3. Come On Kim Jong, Ret's Be Flends
4. Stop Firing Missiles Or Your White House Time Share Will Be Revoked (actually I think that one might work)
5. Don't Make Us Go Team America On You **** Yeah!
Open to suggestions.
And that's the world as I see it.......